Sunday 6 January 2013

Scary experience

I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to write about for my next topic, I had a few ideas floating around my head but then I had a terrifying experience yesterday and felt like I should write about that. 

I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and when I left our house the weather was horrible snowing, windy and poor visibility and the roads weren't in good shape either, but as I got closer to town it cleared up and was sunny  so that was that. I was heading back home and the roads were pretty slushy and not in the greatest shape and all of a sudden my car started swerving and was heading towards the on coming traffic, my first instinct was the break but I knew that wouldn't do me any good so I concentrated on staying on my side of the road as much as I could. I guess in that process I ended up a little too close to the shoulder and hit some more slush and before I knew it I was rolling down a bank. It litterley all happened so fast I still can't believe it. It landed on its side with the drivers side facing upwards. When it stopped rolling I was still conscious so I took my seat belt off and stood up, my first thought was I needed to call my husband, I was only about 5 minutes from home so knew he would be there quick. When I stood up I could get out because the door was too heavy for me to hold open and get out at the same time. There was already a gold there calling 911 and thankfully withing a few seconds there was a few men there and they helped me get out. 

The whole thing happened so fast it really gives a new meaning to "things can happen in a blink of an eye". I thankfully managed to get out of it without any serious injuries just mild whiplash, killer headaches and some bruises. Its ironic too because we always see people who swerve off the roads and into ditches and such but you never think that something like that will happen to you.  Needless to say I am extremely thankful and grateful that it wasn't any worse then it was.

Here are two pictures that I have of my car, doesn't show all the damage but gives you an idea.







No comments:

Post a Comment